general information You can become a U.S. citizen By birth or
through naturalization.
You are a born U.S. citizen if: If you were born in the United States

If you were born abroad to TWO U.S. citizens

If you were born abroad to ONE U.S. citizen
You can become a naturalized citizen by: filling out the "Application for Naturalization" (Form N-400). If you are at least 18 years of age and have been a permanent resident of the United States. If you have been convicted of a crime but your record has been expunged, you need to write that on your application or tell a USCIS officer. Send your naturalization application to the appropriate USCIS Service Center. Always make copies of documents that you send to USCIS. USCIS will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Please indicate that you need accommodations for a disability in your Form N-400. The time it takes to be naturalized varies by location. USCIS is continuing to modernize and improve the naturalization process and would like to decrease the time it takes to an average of 6 months after the Form N-400 is filed.The USCIS will tell you where to get fingerprinted. If it is very important not to miss your interview. If you cannot go to your scheduled interview, notify the office as soon as possible and have your interview rescheduled. Failure to do so will result in the dismissal of your application. It is very important to keep the USCIS updated with your most current address.If USCIS grants me naturalization, you become a citizen as soon as you take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States in a formal naturalization ceremony. If you cannot go to the oath ceremony, you should return the “Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony” (Form N-445) that you received to your local USCIS office including a letter saying why you cannot go to the ceremony. Please make a copy of the notice and your letter before you send them to USCIS. 4. If the USCIS denies your application and you think they were wrong to deny your application, you may request a hearing with an immigration officer.

The form for filing an appeal is the "Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings under Section 336 of the INA" (Form N-336). You must file the form, including the correct fee, to USCIS within 30 days after you receive a denial letter. If, after an appeal hearing with USCIS, you still believe you have been wrongly denied naturalization, you may file a petition for a new review of your application in U.S. District Court.

In many cases, you may reapply for naturalization if USCIS denies your application. If you are denied because you failed the English or civics test, you may reapply for naturalization as soon as you want. You should reapply whenever you believe you have learned enough English or civics to pass both tests. If you lose your Certificate of Naturalization, you may get a new one by submitting an “Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document” (Form N-565) to the USCIS. You may temporarily use your United States passport as proof of citizenship if you do not have your certificate. Dual Citizenship means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Dual nationality laws and policies depend on each country. Dual citizens owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country and they are required to obey the laws of both countries.
1. The basic requirements to apply for naturalization Be age 18 or older
Be a permanent resident for a certain amount of time (Usually 5 years but less for some individuals)
Be a person of good moral character
Have a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government
Have a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States; and
Be able to read, write, and speak basic English. There are exceptions to this rule.
2. The fee for processing an application is $675.00: The fee charged by USCIS for filing your naturalization application is $595.00 and the biometric services fee for having your fingerprints taken is $80.00.You must send the $675.00 total fee with your application to USCIS. Pay the fee with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank payable to the Department of Homeland Security. Remember that your application fee is not refundable even if you withdraw your application or if your case is denied. 3. If you want to change your name when you naturalize, there are only two ways that the USCIS can issue the Certificate of Naturalization under the new name: If you present proof that you have already changed your name according to the legal requirements that apply to persons living in your State, USCIS can issue the Certificate of Naturalization with your new name. Such proof might include a marriage certificate or divorce decree showing that you changed your name when you married or divorced. It might also include some other State court order establishing that you changed your name.

If you are going to take the Oath of Allegiance at a Naturalization Ceremony that is held in Court, you may ask the Court to change your name. If the Court grants your request, your new name will appear on your Certificate of Naturalization.

Resources from  [ Link ]

PRACTICE TEST Link for the U.S. citizenship test  [ Link ]

Disclaimer | Legal Terms | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Help | Giant Directory
Giant Publishing & CO. 7354-A Little River Tnpk. Annandale, VA 22003   T:703.750.6447 F:703.273.2293
자이안트 한인록, 자이언트 한인록, Giant Directory, Giant, 업소록